CK Go Places Search Engine

Friday 10 September 2010

Oxford: Getting There

It was 21st June 2009 that I took a day trip to Oxford from London. As the trains to Oxford depart from Paddington, I had to take a series of rides on the Underground from King's Cross St. Pancras. In fact the Hammersmith Line connects King's Cross St. Pancras and Paddington, but due to the upgrading works on a weekend, I had to detour via Bakerloo Line.




After buying the return ticket for £20.00 (a single trip is £19.90), I only found out the the train to Oxford at 9:35 a.m. was cancelled. I was told by the lady at the Information Counter that the best alternative would be taking the train to Reading at 9:30 a.m. and then transfer to another train to Oxford from there, so I followed her suggestion.




At 10:03 a.m., I arrived at Reading. The connecting train to Oxford was supposed to depart at 10:12 a.m. but due to the crowd, it was delayed until 10 minutes later.




Finally, I was on my way to Oxford.




I arrived at Oxford at 10:45 a.m. The total delay for my journey from London to Oxford was just about 30 minutes due to the train cancellation. It was not too bad.




Without wasting much time, I promptly walked all the way to the city centre from the train station. The first thing that I saw on the way was an ox.


No comments:

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets