CK Go Places Search Engine

Saturday 1 December 2012

Waroeng Penyet

Waroeng Penyet is a fast-food concept restaurant serving Indonesian food in Singapore and Malaysia. When I was planning for my trip to Singapore this year, I came to know about Waroeng Penyet from a renown Singapore blogger.

Singapore_0145

Since I was staying near Bugis, I went for the outlet there. The address is 1 Liang Seah Street #01-12, which is opposite Bugis Junction. It wasn't so crowded as I was there half an hour before the peak lunch break hour. There were only two tables occupied, so I thought I could get my food pretty quickly. I wasn't that right as the food here is prepared to order, not the typical pre-prepared fast food type of restaurant. While I was waiting for my food, they were just starting to serve the food to the other tables.

Singapore_0146

My food finally came 20 minutes after I took my seat. My order was the signature dish here which is Ayam Penyet. The direct translation from the Indonesian name would be flattened fried chicken. It was a set lunch with rice and chicken soup.

Singapore_0147

Besides the fried chicken, there were some side dishes served with the set lunch. There was a cube of fried tofu and a piece of tempeh, some sort of fermented soy-bean cake. The chili sauce is of course mandatory.

Singapore_0148

The fried chicken was crispy on the outside and moistly tender on the inside. The tofu and tempeh were fried to perfection as well. It was a satisfactory meal although I can find equally good ayam penyet in Kuching.

No comments:

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets