CK Go Places Search Engine

Saturday 18 May 2013

Santouka Revisited

When I was in Kuala Lumpur last week, I went to Santouka again for the Japanese ramen, or to be exact, Sapporo ramen. The taste of ramen at this place is quite authentic and I like it.

KL_Santouka_05

During my first visit, I had the chasu ramen. I decided to go for someting more interesting this time and I order the pork-cheek shio (salt) ramen. The medium-size portion set me back RM36.00, which is not cheap by the local food standard, but reasonable compared with the price in Japan.

KL_Santouka_06

The noodles came in a thick pork-bone stock with some sesame seed. The salty taste was on the heavy side, just like what you'll get in Japan. The noodles were cooked to the al dente state.

KL_Santouka_07

The pork-cheek slices were thick-cut meat which weren't like the soft and tender chasu made from belly meat. They were more on the fibrous and chewy side. The meat was marinated with a hint of Japanese soy sauce.

KL_Santouka_08

It was quite a satisfying meal despite the price. However, food is getting more expensive at every corner of Malaysia.

No comments:

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets