CK Go Places Search Engine

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Paris Through the Eyes of Birds

One of the best places to see the panoramic view of Paris is the dome of Basilique du Sacré-Cœur according to my Lonely Planet travel guidebook. It is said that the view can extend as far as 30 km on a clear day, as the Basilica is standing on the summit of Butte de Montmarte, the highest point in Paris.

So, I paid €5 to enter the dome via the Dôme Crypte. There were 300 steps for me to climb, so I did. In fact I have seen the panoramic view of Paris from Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, but I still climbed the steps to see it again.




The viewing platform of the dome has a series of arches supporting the main dome, making them quite an architectural feature.




The first and nearest thing to see was the bell tower of the Basilica.






This was followed by a 360º view of the city when I walked circling around the dome.




The view of the Eiffel Tower cannot be missed. Without it, Paris is just not Paris.






Notre Dame can be seen from here as well, if you look carefully.




The weather wasn't good on that day, so I didn't stay for too long on the dome. It rained at the time when I was about to leave the place.

1 comment:

jams o donnell said...

Now that is a great view of Paris. My own WW is a photo I took in Paris last month!

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets