CK Go Places Search Engine

Saturday 20 September 2008

Panoramic Views of Sapporo

Sapporo is the 5th largest city in Japan, and the largest in Hokkaido. The city planning was based on a grid system, so almost all the streets are straight and long. Each block in the city was name with the Cartesian coordinate system, e.g., North 3 East 8.

To get the best panoramic views of Sapporo, I went up to Moiwayama (Mt. Moiwa) by the rope way.

Japan_0897

The Moiwayama Rope Way Station is along the only streetcar line in Sapporo, with the terminal station at Susukino, the entertainment district in Sapporo.

The return ticket costs ¥1,100 at the time of writing. Although it is not very cheap, it's worth it.

Japan_0898

I stayed at the viewing platform starting from the golden hour until nightfall and I was rewarded with these views. You may click on the images below for larger view.

Japan_0893

Japan_0899

Japan_0894

Japan_0895

Japan_0896

The Sapporo TV Tower was also clearly visible from this viewing platform. It actually looks a bit like the Tokyo Tower as viewed from Mori Tower.

Japan_0900

I saw a lot of people taking the shots without using a tripod as they didn't have one with them. So, if that had happened to me, I would take some creative shots taking advantage of the handshake.

Japan_0901

The neatly lined streets of Sapporo are also a gem for night photography, creating grids of lights.

Japan_0902

2 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

What a beautiful city, with the hills surrounding it. Thanks for taking me along! I am SO bad at night photography, with or without a tripod. It is a total fluke when I get a good shot, and then I get really excited and proud, forgetting that I don't REALLY now what I'm doing! :D LOL

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

haan said...

wow feel stunning when i first saw the 1st pic! I think i'd have taken the pic with less green part but more with the city view.. dunno.. just what i have in mind!

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets